Pages

Green Tea Cheesecake

Today, I have a treat for you. Green tea cheesecake. If you think that sounds gross, get over it because it isn't. Actually, all I have tasted of it was what came off the spatula, but let me tell you...it was pretty dang good. And if you don't like green tea, not to worry. It doesn't really taste like it at all, and isn't bitter. In fact, it only has 1 tablespoon of green tea powder in it vs. 14 oz. of cream cheese.
Here are the instructions (taken from here)

Ingredients

~2 8oz containers fat-free cream cheese, softened
~2 beaten eggs
~3/4 cup white sugar
~1 tablespoon green tea powder
~2 teaspoons vanilla extract
~1 9 inch prepared graham cracker pie crust

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until it turns smooth.
2. Next, mix in the green tea powder, eggs, and vanilla extract until lightly creamy. And then, pour into the prepared crust.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until the center jiggles evenly when the cake is shaken lightly.
4. Lastly, refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Now, if you will excuse me, I am going to go cut myself a slice.

*Update: Ok, I'm not going to lie, this is really weird. Japanese desserts are not at all the same as American desserts. It tastes weird, but is good. Also, the top layer is more solid than the rest.