Pages

Putting Posts Into Blogger Pages (Update for New Pages Interface)

At the end of February, Blogger updated their pages editor. While the update is helpful, it has thrown a few people off. The steps for putting posts into blogger pages are similar to my previous tutorial, but I am updating the tutorial with the new interface.



1. In Layout, open the Pages Gadget


2. Select "Add Link Page" 



3) Insert this link and choose a label name

LINK TO YOUR WEBSITE/search/label/NAME OF THE LABEL

Insert your blog address (it will auto add http://)
Choose a label name to add to each post you want on this page. All you will have to do when you write a new post is add this label and it will be filed under this page. Obviously, this link will not work until you label some of your posts.


4) Add your labels
Don't forget to add labels to your past and new posts under the post editor. *Update: according to some readers, everything needs to be in lowercase.


All done! Unless you want to take it a step further...follow the links below!
You will notice that your homepage will continue to show every post you make and you must have at least 1 post on your main page. The best way I have found so far to solve this by keeping certain labels off of your homepage and redirecting them. The tutorial can be found here. It can get a little complicated, so please drop me a note if you need help and I will do my best to find the solution.
Also, please note that by using this method there may be a short lag when you first visit your homepage since your blog has to do a bit of re-routing. 
  • If for some reason, your "home" page is eternally labeled home no matter how many times you change it.
(See image in step 2) I don't want my home page to be called home, I want it to be called blog. No matter how many times I changed the title from home to blog, it kept saying home. So, I made a new link page with my normal blog address and unchecked the home box from pages to show. So there. Harumph!

As always, I hope this is helpful and easy to understand. Please let me know if you have questions.