Pages

Heavenly Secrets

The last two months have been a rollercoaster of emotions.

April: 
  • Someone randomly suggested I apply for a job in another department that I had not given a single thought about. It would be a huge promotion.
  • Was offered and accepted said job.
  • Took some vacation time. Went to Kentucky to spectate at RK3DE.
  • Returned from vacation. Wasn't sure when I would be starting my new position, so I went about my normal routine. Discovered I was starting my new job...now. Today. Thanks for the heads up, folks.
  • Car needed lots of repairs.
  • Husband needed lots of repairs (dental...)
May:
  • Trial by fire, tossed into the deep end, please choose your preferred metaphor. This job is crazy, but fun in its own way. How did they get by without someone filling that position? Magic, obviously.
  • Received a job offer for a dream job I applied for......last year. Didn't notice the message containing the offer...yet.
  • Got a message a week and a half later requesting a coffee date from a friend. Noticed job offer.
  • Mulled over and stressed out about job offer. Basically made a decision to transfer, but was a little concerned about significant drop in pay. 
  • Additional summer roommate moved into spare room.
  • Was offered a match in salary to meet my requests for the job.
Things went from good to bad to unbelievably amazing. I have completely given up trying to steer my life, as God has been taking me in circles, preparing me for the next step without me ever knowing. It's like He knows what He is doing or something....

"...since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect."
Hebrews 11:40

Remember that thing that was spoken over me in this post? Every time I turn around, I see it coming alive, more than I could have ever imagined. Just when I think it is fulfilled, it draws out further (with a few trials in between to make sure we are still trusting).

But seriously, my life is somehow amazing.