Pages

Put Posts Into Blogger Pages


FIND THE UPDATED VERSION OF THIS POST HERE (As of March 5, 2014)

I am about to make your day. For a long time I wondered how to make my additional pages in blogger non static, that is, more like a blog. There is a way. A secret way that is about to be revealed. It is so easy it is ridiculous. I originally learned about this secret here. I think this is the simplest way to add more than one page.




You cannot add more than one gadget on the horizontal plane that the your pages are usually located on (in Layout). However, we are going to use pages to allow you to organize your blog posts on different pages using labels.

1. Open your pages editor 



2. Add a new page and click web address
Don't worry, we are not leaving your blog (unless you want to)


3.  Insert this link and choose a label name

LINK TO YOUR WEBSITE/search/label/NAME OF THE LABEL

Insert your blog address (it will auto add http://)
Choose a label name to add to each post you want on this page. All you will have to do when you write a new post is add this label and it will be filed under this page. Obviously this link will not work until you label some of your posts. 


4. Add your labels
Don't forget to add labels to your past and new posts under the post editor.



If you only  want your posts to show up on your new pages rather than having them also show up on your home page, you can set your home page to show zero posts by going into the layout page, choosing the blog post edit button and changing the number of posts on the main page to zero.
Important! Please read the update(s) below in regard to this step.


And that is that. Done. Easy as making bacon in the oven. 

*Update* I tried changing the post number to zero and it wanted me to have at least one post. I am not sure if this has been a problem for others.
**Update to the Update** You will notice that your homepage will continue to show every post you make and you must have at least 1 post on your main page. The best way I have found so far to solve this by keeping certain labels off of your homepage and redirecting them. The tutorial can be found here. It can get a little complicated, so please drop me a note if you need help and I will do my best to find the solution.
Also, please note that by using this method there may be a short lag when you first visit your homepage since your blog has to do a bit of re-routing. 

I hope this is helpful and easy to understand.


Update 11/20/13: Check out my new post on how to get rid of the "showing posts with label" box.